The Facilitator Training Program (FTP) is a three-day in-person course that helps you develop the skills you need to thrive in today’s changing workplace. Today’s professional is frequently asked to lead the work of a team, 专责小组, 或委员会, often without the benefit of direct supervisory authority. The rapid change in the workplace calls for constant flexibility in order to react to shifting markets, demanding customers, or new advances in information technology. Alliances and partnerships are constantly forming, dissolving and re-forming. To excel in this environment requires the ability to efficiently and effectively facilitate group processes and the work of teams.
The FTP is designed for those whose responsibilities include leading a team or 专责小组, conducting meetings, and facilitating group decision making. If you are a manager, team leader or other professional who is charged with leading or coordinating the work of others, then this course is for you.
This three-day course is designed to enable you to design and facilitate effective in-person or hybrid meetings. Specifically, you will be able to:
- Assess your facilitator strengths and growth areas using the Facilitator Intelligence™ self-assessment
- Design a meeting agenda with a stated purpose, supporting objectives and agenda items
- Demonstrate core facilitation skills and awareness of non-verbal communication
- Use effective flipcharting techniques to support facilitation
- Use participatory decision-making approaches to reach a decision in a meeting
- Apply strategies to address disruptive meeting behaviors
在丹, we believe that training should be conducted with a full appreciation of the learners’ goals and expectations. Rather than “forgetting about work,” you will be invited to “bring your work with you” in the form of a specific problem or challenge, on which you can make progress during the course. Other program characteristics include:
- Low participant to trainer ratio ensuring ample individual attention.
- Repeated opportunities during the course to practice new skills and receive immediate feedback from trainers and colleagues.
- The use of video-based training, enabling you to see yourself in action as you facilitate group sessions.
- Professional trainers with many years of experience teaching facilitation and leadership skills in the public and private sectors.
- Fellow participants from a broad array of professions and organizations who are facing similar challenges.
The trainers who conduct this program are full time staff members of TRG who spend the majority of their time providing training and organizational development services for businesses and government organizations in the U.S. and around the world. 总是, this work involves helping people develop the skills they need to help organizations succeed. Because TRG is an employee-owned firm, each trainer has a direct stake in assuring that the training program will meet your needs.
The cost to participate in the Facilitator Training Program is $1,400 人均. We offer a 10% discount of $1,260 for organizations that send two or more participants. Invoices are issued two weeks in advance of the course and payment is due on the first day of the course.
2020 Course dates
The Facilitator Training Program will be offered on the following dates in 2020: May (cancelled until further notice), 8月(TBD), ourse.